Thursday, November 1, 2007

Christmas Card workshop




This weekend, I have a club workshop where the ladies each make one of 5 cards. This weekend is a Christmas theme. (If you ladies want to be surprised, don't look!)

I love to show new techniques. The snowflake card in the middle is an example of shadow stamping. The basic idea is to slightly overlap the stamped images. For this one, I inked up my snowflake jumbo wheel in brocade blue and rolled it onto brocade blue cardstock starting at the seam. After cleaning the wheel, I then inked it in white craft ink. Finding the seam again, I lined it up at the edge of the paper and rolled over the brocade blue snowflakes, giving the images a shadow look. I've seen this done with River Rock ink as the "shadow". Very cool and dimensional technque.

No comments: